Featuring appealing titles such as Black Magic, It's About Time, Roman Holiday and Ein Heldenleben,
Simon Murphy's hand-tailored concert programmes (both one-offs and series) deliver fresh views on standard repertoire and present brand new musical discoveries designed to refresh, excite and educate both musicians and audiences alike.
The repertoire of each programme has been purposely selected to provide the best material for Murphy to develop the knowledge and skills of the musicians and to produce the most effective results together with the musicians in the areas of musical language and style, historically informed interpretation, sound production, colour, articulation and expression.
In developing these programmes, Murphy has worked with many leading, new generation, international soloists, including singers, instrumentalists and dancers, and would be delighted to recommend these artists as part of a guest-conducting partnership package.
Compelling programmes, ready-to-go scores, skills development and ensemble building, inspiring rehearsal technique and energising performances are some of the many distinguishing advantages of Murphy's guest-conducting projects. Some of these further include:
- fully marked-up scores and parts of standard repertoire (Murphy is himself a string player)
- fully marked-up performing editions of lesser known works (modern editions by Murphy are available for hire via Albersen Music)
- dynamic performances and state-of-the-art interpretations incorporating the latest discoveries in performance practice and repertoire
- innovative, hand-crafted programmes with appealing, intriguing and highly marketable titles and content
- ready-to-go full programme details, comprehensive programme notes and visual material (all digitally available)
- ready-to-go marketing tools such as video clips and high quality audio recordings of live performances of the programmes (available in HD, stereo and surround sound)
- the option of including pre-prepared, new generation soloists for the programmes
For further information, inquiries and bookings please send an email using the contact page or call direct on + 31 614 975 395.
Full sample programmes, with full work listings in programme order, are available as part of discussions leading up to guest conducting engagements.
Programmes and Programme Concepts © Simon Murphy, 2013.